The February 2020 issue of Psephology Today has been delivered to subscribers…and it’s a doozy. Got this email from Kyle Havill…
“I’m a huge fan of your Psephology Today newsletter I receive each month. The edition I received yesterday was one the of the best ones yet. It was packed full of great nuggets.
“I especially like the examples you share – those are very helpful. Your tips for better photographs were all spot on, as was the 3-Step Blueprint to Successful High-Dollar Fundraising.
“Thank you for sharing the website for your envelopes. I’ve always been impressed with them and they certainly get attention. One day I got home and my wife asked me what was in the special delivery envelope I received.
“Your tips on web site setup and design were also hugely valuable. Even the random closing thoughts included some great ideas – especially the ones that include an example.
“Finally, the case study on the campaign bio was outstanding. It really crystallized points you’d made in previous newsletters.”
Also in the February issue…
- A powerful fundraising lesson learned from a jar of Hellman’s mayonnaise
- The perfect gift for that “whiny, bleeding heart liberal at the office or millennials still living in mom and dad’s basement”
- A “Knute Rockne” pep talk
- The 4 ways to respond to an attack
- A decision-making mistake that can be “death” to a campaign
- A lesson you can learn from Elizabeth Warren (yes, THAT Elizabeth Warren)
- THE key to success with fundraising events (Hint: It’s NOT ticket sales)
- The 5 biggest lessons from “Big Luca” (#2 is critical for fundraisers)
- The single most important thing about direct mail fundraising letters
As for the “case study” Kyle referenced, I included a “before and after” example of a candidate bio written by a political consultant – yes, it looked and sounded like all the others – and how I completely transformed it into a compelling story that voters would actually read AND relate to.
That alone is worth an entire year’s subscription price!
Kyle also provided 7 excellent suggestions for topics to be covered in future issues…and I’m on it. Look for them in the March issue. Thanks, Kyle!
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
THE CAMPAIGN DOCTOR
Professor of Psephology*
P.S. If you’re not yet a subscriber to my Psephology Today newsletter – conveniently delivered right to your door every month by your friendly neighborhood mailman (or woman) – you’re missing a TON of in-depth information that’ll get you more votes, more donors, more volunteers and more media coverage.
Click here for details and a very special LIMITED-TIME offer – including 50% off the subscription price and 10 FREE bonus “Special Reports” for new subscribers.
* Psephology (see-follow-gee): The study of campaigns and elections