December’s issue of Psephology Today is going in the mail this afternoon. And unless your name is Michael Bloomberg, you’re gonna want to read every word of this one.
Bloomberg, as you know, is the latest competitor to jump into the Democrat race for president. He’s also enormously wealthy and has said he’ll be self-funding his entire campaign. Not soliciting contributions.
If your campaign is in the same Bloomberg boat…congratulations! If not, here’s what’s in this month’s Psephology Today for you…
- Secrets to One-on-One fundraising, including how to put together a major donor prospect list and where to find their names (and addresses!)
- The 10 questions you need to be able to answer before meeting with potential major donors
- The 2 documents you need to have ready to share with potential major donor prospects
- A list of items you need to account for in your campaign budget
- Secrets to Finance Committees, including the single most important thing they need to do for you (and no, it’s NOT going out and actually soliciting donations)
- The 8 ideal types of people you want to recruit to be on your Finance Committee
- A step-by-step blueprint for exactly what to say, and in what order, in a face-to-face meeting with a major donor prospect
- The most important, and usually overlooked, thing to ask at the end of your meeting (this can be worth a small fortune to your campaign)
- Secrets to Dialing-for-Dollars, including a proven 6-point checklist script to follow
Also, although it doesn’t have anything directly to do with fundraising, I explain “Why You Should Fire Your Communications Director.” This may sound like strange advice, but you’ll understand completely once you read it.
Like I said, Psephology Today will go in the mail this afternoon before I head out to spend Thanksgiving with some good friends in southern California. So look for it in your mailbox as early as next week.
And if you’re not yet a subscriber to Psephology Today, look for details in the P.S. below. And don’t worry, every new subscriber for the next week will automatically be sent this very special December issue.
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
THE CAMPAIGN DOCTOR
Professor of Psephology*
P.S. If you’re not yet a subscriber to my Psephology Today newsletter – conveniently delivered right to your door every month by your friendly neighborhood mailman (or woman) – you’re missing a TON of in-depth information that’ll get you more votes, more donors, more volunteers and more media coverage.
Click here for details and a very special LIMITED-TIME offer – including 50% off the subscription price and 10 FREE bonus “Special Reports” for new subscribers.
* Psephology (see-follow-gee): The study of campaigns and elections